Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Presley Jo!

It really seems like yesterday I was bringing this tiny 5 lb. baby girl home from the hospital and here we are celebrating her 2nd birthday! Wow! Never could I have known the sheer joy that comes from having this precious girl in my life. Her entrance into the world was very exciting and dramatic, a perfect precursor for what was to come. She came 4 weeks early and I was not able to hold her until she was 1 week old! Imagine that mommys' out there, not holding your brand new baby for a whole week! It was pure torture. Oh, but when I did he was the yummiest feeling ever. Here is a one of my favorite pics of me holding my delicious PJ for the very first time. At the time I didn't even know my mom was shooting it, I am so thankful she was there. You can literally see the emotion on my face. What a joyful day!


How we love this little girl! Her personality has really started to come out in the past few months and she is nothing short of sassy. She has daddy wrapped around her finger, to say the least. Just last night he said the sweetest thing, "When I look at Presley, she makes me want to be so much better. I want her to see how a man is supposed to treat a woman. She is my angel, she saved me." I know, get the box of tissues out. When I hear the man I love talk about his babies that way, it stirs something in my heart! Now, two years later check out our very sweet lady bug:





If you know me, you know I love to throw a party. This year we went with a ladybug theme and I had a blast going all out. I wish I could plan parties for a living (Hey Kelsey, don't move to SA, let's just start our own business :) Here are a few highlights from our ladybug bash:





Here is the birthday girl sitting on the table. I used a red tablecloth and cut out black dots to look like a .... you guessed it, ladybug!




These were so fun to make! Cherry tomatoes, black olives and cream cheese. I love things that are simple and cute.


No ladybug party would be complete without live ladybugs! I found these jars at Hobby Lobby and ordered the ladybugs off the Internet. Each girl took a jar and could release the ladybugs at home. It was a big hit!




And finally, my two babies together. We have two August birthdays. Keller and Presley have birthdays only 16 days apart. Keller's birthday is this Saturday so come back soon for pics of his special day. Thanks for looking.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17

































No comments:

Post a Comment