Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall is here...Hip, Hip, Horray!

Isn't my house beautiful? I can only dream about living somewhere like this for now. But I can imagine heaven being pretty close to this. Oh! It takes my breath away! Today is the first official day of Fall and that makes this mama very happy. The air is turning and getting a bit cooler, and the leaves have just started their intial descent to the ground. If I had to pick one season I loved the most, Fall would get my vote eveytime. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas time but that is so magical in itself and gets enough attention. So, let's "fall" right in to the top 5 reasons I love this yummy season...


1.) My own little pumpkins:


Having kids gives you the greatest excuse to act like one yourself. I love when the weather starts to get a little brisk and we can take evening walks around the neighborhood. We like to look for the trees with the prettiest leaves and take in the smells around us. It also means getting to dress them in the cutest little outfits. Don't believe me? Wait till you see my Presley in a pea coat and suede boots! I also love the nights we spend at Mamsie & Big Daddy's Shack, carving pumpkins at eating yummy food (more about this later)


2.) The Clothes:


I can only handle shorts and sleeveless shirts for so long. Give me a roomy sweater and a pair of leggings any day. I totally believe I live in the wrong part of the country when it comes to my obesssion for fall clothing. A few months before the season starts, the favorites page on my computer is inundated with websites showcasing their new fall lines. I started this obsessionwith ankle boots last season, and that obsession has only gotten worse. I've been coveting this pair of buttery leather ankle boots for a few weeks now, but I have to justify spending that much money on them. So, Tyler if you are reading this, I totally wouldn't care if you decided to make that happen!


3.) The Shack:


Mamsie & Big Daddy (Tyler's parents) have the coolest "Shack In the Back". We call it that because it's literally at the back of their house. But to call it a shack, doesn't let it live up to it's full potetnial. First off, it's not a shack at all, but probably as big as my whole house. I love it there because it's so comfy and homey. The Shack is the gathering place for all things good. Every birthday, holiday, football game or just dinner is shared out in the shack. It's also where we get to carve pumpkins ever year for Big Daddy's birthday. My "other mom" always makes us feel warm and welcomed. She is also a fabuous cook and always has the yummiest things prepeared. Her caramel apples are to- die- for! I look forward to those every year. I love that we have a place to gather and enjoy great food and each other's company.


4.) The Food


I had to include food! C'mon, it might be the best thing about fall. Yesterday it was cloudy and drizzly, a perfect day for soup. I love the soup mixes from a little mom and pop shop called Company's Comin. They are at Merry Marketplace every year and this time I was lucky enough to catch them at the fair last week. All their soups and casseroles are delish, but the New Mexico Green Chile soup is the yummiest ever. Nothing beats a bowl of hot soup and a fall day. For more info and to purchase their soups head over to : http://www.companyscomin.com/.

During the summer it is too stinking hot to be slaving over the stove and having your oven on all day, but fall is the perfect excuse to bust out the mixer and bowls and whip something magical up. I look forward to the weather turning because that means dad's chili and mom's jalepeno corn casserole. Two things that are the ultimate comfort food.
5.) The Wedding
A wedding you say? This one I had to throw in there. No, I don't love fall because of the weddings that take place during this time, but THIS year I do. My sister/best friend...ever, is getting married! Oh happy day! Though it is bittersweet (more about this in a future post) I am busting at the seams with excitement. A wedding during the fall means all sorts of wonderful things. Costume parties & get togethers with old freinds and family are two things that come to mind. Though (much to my dismay) Kelsey and Seth decided on a more modern color scheme, and not fall colors I guess I'll still be in the wedding :) They are getting married on November 27th, the weekend of Thanksgiving. Needless to say we will all be super busy getting these two hitched. I am so excited for them and the wedding is going to fabulous. Next fall I will have to pick another reason, but for this year, this had to be included. I can't wait. Go check out their awesome wedding website at : http://www.kelsandseth.weddingwindow.com/
I hope you enjoyed all the silly reasons I love this fabulous season. I pray that your season is blessed with abundance. Thanks for reading ya'll!
Kara

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how we two should live up north! Pennsylvania, or New York State, or maybe just as far as Illinois would get us to fabulous woods full of glorious fall colors. But, oh well, we'll just have to make our own! And boy DO we! I love your comments about us and "The Shack." Thank you! We do love our Shack and all the good times we've had there. Can't wait for more times when we're all together! Love you and your little pumpkins!
    Mamsie

    ReplyDelete